current products > signal lamps > product id nomenclature explanations
- The Asterisk (*) on H-130V23WD-SS* indicates an internal Diode in series with the filament.
For AC electrical power only, and if used for other applications where DC is used for standby power, use 70VDC with the positive feed on the center contact.
- SS indicates the lamp is Special Rough Service Rated, with Single crimped-on filament.
- RS indicates the lamps are Rough Service Rated, with Single crimped-on filament.
- RD indicates the lamps are Rough Service Rated, with Dual (two) crimped-on filaments.
- TS indicates that lamps are made for Tough Service with Single crimped-on filament. Lamps have larger diameter filaments that will withstand greater surge and shock conditions than rough service lamps. May be considered for use at locations that have problems with electrical surges and/or abnormal shock and/or vibration.
- EL indicates lamps are made for Extended Life and rough service rated with crimped-on filament, and have proprietary alloy filaments and gas mixtures, minimizing the evaporation of the filament material; offering extended life and reliability.
- EL lamps are warranted for the ARLE as noted, with expiration dates on the gold plated base, and warranted to last until that date.
- All T4 lamps are gas filled and have filaments that are crimped onto the filament holders. Made in the USA, with ANSI QA.
- All S-11 lamps are gas filled and have filaments that are crimped onto the filament holders. Made in Japan, with ISO 9001 QA.
- PG indicate Premium Grade Series lamps, made with proprietary alloy filaments, special gases and pre-tested, assuring maximum performance. Lamps are warranted for the listed ARLE, have expiration dates on the base, and warranted to last until that date.
- All S-11 Krypton lamps have an internal Getter that is gray under normal conditions. The Getter removes moisture contaminates during the manufacturing process, and if the Gray Getter changes color to white, indicates a possible gas leakage within the glass bulb, and the lamp must not be used. Return for our Quality Control evaluation and two-for-one replacement warranty.
- All lamps except the EL series have a two for one replacement warranty if they fail because of defects in material or assembly.
- The EL series lamps have a warranty expiration date of at least ten years from the date of manufacture, and if the lamp fails before that date, there is a one for one replacement warranty. These lamps have gold plated bases for easy identification.
- All lamps meet or exceed AREMA (formally AAR) recommended practices, with state-of-the-art technology and components.
- All of our dual filament lamps have independent filaments holders with both filaments crimped within the holders. We believe that resistive welded filaments onto the filament holders do not qualify to be listed as “Rough Service,” because the filament may be separated from the filament holder/s by vibration, shock and/or electrical surges.
- We offer free technical support for all lighting problems. If you need a lamp that is not listed, please use our e-mail message center or call our main office at 904 288 0070 for additional information.